Our Health Matters Alaska is a platform used for discussing major health policy change that affects health care delivery in Alaska.
Components of Healthcare Reform include:
• Broaden the population that receives health care coverage
• Improve access to health care providers
• Improve quality of health care
• Decrease cost of health care in Alaska
This website has several functions including:
• Defining the impacts of Medicaid Expansion across Alaska.
• Informing Alaskans about the current healthcare reform projects.
• Illustrating the impacts of each project geographically, using ARC-GIS mapping functions.
State and Community Leaders are working to expand Medicaid by July 2015. Our Health Matters Alaska is a resource for deeper understanding of healthcare reform.